Empathic Body Signals
Articles By Avalon De Witt
Empathy is the ability to feel other people's feelings. But besides this emotional experience, there is another aspect of empathy that few people consider, and that is the physical.
You may have heard stories of dogs that know when a person is about to have an epileptic seizure. We are all connected - to one another, and to the earth. If you are empathic, it's likely that you are receiving psychic signals in your body.
If a certain physical sensation gets your attention, or seems particularly annoying, it could be that your body is "trying to tell you something." The body has its wisdom.
You may experience one or more of the following:
* A heaviness in the pit of your stomach
* Chills or tingling
* A lump in your throat
* Trouble sleeping
* Twitches or tics
* Ringing in the ears
* Positive sensations, like a warmth or a vibration
* Unexplained pain
Many people who chart their empathic body signals find that they have patterns. They often discover that a certain twitch or a ringing in the ears is consistently followed by some particular personal or global event.
You can chart your own empathic body signals too. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Purchase a calendar with enough space on each day to write at least a paragraph or two. If you can't find a calendar with enough space, you can make one in a notebook.
2. Record your sensations. Every time your body gets your attention with some sensation, any sensation at all that forces you to take notice, write it down on your calendar.
3. Ask inside, "What is this feeling trying to tell me? What does this mean?" If you get any impression at all about what the sensation might be connected to, write it down.
4. Watch for events and happenings that might be related to the impressions you've written down. Make a note on your calendar about anything that seems significant to you.
5. Review your calendar every 30 days and look for patterns. Any time a sensation is recorded more than once, take note of the events that took place on and around those days.
Of course, not every pain and twitch is going to be an empathic signal. If a symptom persists or is troublesome, you should seek the advice of a doctor. But if doctors can find no explanation for your symptoms, try charting them.
If you pay close attention, you'll begin see and understand the relationships between your bodily sensations and the happenings in the world around you.
About the Author
Avalon De Witt has practiced as a professional psychic and spiritual counsellor for over 12 years and has studied the Tarot and other forms of divination for over 22 years. She has worked successfully with thousands of clients world-wide.
Avalon believes that the Light of Divinity resides in us all, and she is devoted to revealing that Light in your life. Her focus is to show you how to tap into that source of unlimited power and knowledge within YOU. www.AskAvalon.com
Keywords: Empathic Body Signals, emotional experience, feelings, Avalon De Wit, Intuition, Intuitive, Articles, UK, South Africa, Cape Town