Ways to get to know yourself
Articles By Erica Wang
1. Create a space for yourself.
It's very important to have a place or time for just yourself. Have fun creating a room or personal corner that fills you with joy and feels like home. Date yourself and find your likes and dislikes. Enjoy who you are.
2. Spend some quiet time by yourself every day. If noise and activity constantly bombard your life, you are drowning out your inner guidance. Enjoy the quiet time, sit or lie down, and just be.
3. Listen to the little voice inside of you.
Learn to distinguish the voices behind your inner dialogues. Don't ignore your higher self. You may make your life harder than it needs to be.
4. Ask yourself questions; never assume your answers.
Challenge yourself with questions daily. Work from a self-knowledge base rather than answering to please or rebel against others. Be honest about who you are or you may disappoint yourself and others.
5. Find an activity that fills you with joy.
When we do the things we love, we love the life we have and learn to love ourselves.
6. Wake up each morning and do an internal check.
Before you jump out of bed and run off to the next activity, take a few moments to be with yourself and check-in with how you are feeling, what you are thinking, and where you are going.
7. Let your spirit define who you are rather than the outside world.
Don't dress outside in, dress inside out. Wear your spirit proudly and attract more contentment to you. Don't rely on an external image (i.e. clothing, hairstyle, and status symbols) to tell you who you are.
8. Be honest with others about your needs and boundaries.
Once you know what you need, let others know. Don't mix your messages. If you remain silent, there's a chance of disappointing yourself and others more than the truth ever could.
9. Process what others have to say about you. Don't take their words for Gospel, but don't ignore it.
Let perspectives outside of yourself give dimension to your internal picture. Balance between taking people's words as ultimate truth and ignoring what is being said. Realize everyone sees the world through his or her own filters (past experiences, needs, wants). Listen for the truth with love.
10. Give thanks to the force that created you.
However you name the force that created you, give thanks for who you are. When you give thanks, you acknowledge your beauty and have the ability to cherish yourself more and more.
About the author
Erica Wang, is a Coach, Workshop Leader, Motivational Speaker, who can be reached at
Keywords: Ways to get to know yourself, Asking questions, Challenge yourself, Sacred space, Erica Wang, Intuition, Intuitive, article, Articles, UK, South Africa, Cape Town